Monday, December 6, 2010

The ROYAL ENGAGEMENT

This is a pretty hot topic right now. To a few people.

The Royal Engagement: who cares?

I care.

And so does my friend Jeff.

Why? Because my mom is British, and because my Gran sends me clippings of Hello UK magazine about hilarious gossip such as this. I think it is an endearing form of escapism, and a sort of classic style of celebrity fascination. In fact, our most infamous celebutantes are the form of crazy Royals who had affairs, scandals, marriages, divorces, and gruesome deaths. They are the original form of celebrity.

Grace Kelly
Lady Di
Elizabeth, the original 40 year old virgin.
Henry V11 the slut bag

Anyway. Not going further into this. All I'm saying, you guys, is that I'd much rather have a commemorative plate of Will and Kate than Jessica Simpson or Octopussy, ok?


No comments:

Post a Comment