Monday, November 23, 2009

Shit on the radio

Head A&R at anonymous label:

Ok- we have this new girl, her name is Keisha. Gonna be big. Huge. The album's done, but we need the single. Team- can you write something edgy and upbeat? Think Lady Gaga meets, "hipster" culture.

Stupid Songwriter:

Totally. I got this real fresh idea, you head of Uffie? She's French. Anyway, totally rockin this vibe, club culture. This is 2009! This is the year of the party girl, lets go with it!

A&R:

I like what I'm hearing. Uffie, huh? Never heard of her. Get me something by tomorrow, we've got the studio booked from noon on. Keisha will be there. Oh and... Auto tune. Thats what the kids want to hear. Auto tune, but... organic. Real natural vibe, but lots of keyboard. Make it... BIG sounding but... subtle, you know?

SS:

Great. I'll whip something together by tomorrow. It'll be fresh, just you wait.

=


1 comment: